Airport workers are checking the 48-hour nucleic acid testing results of travelers at the Harbin-Taiping Airport in Heilongjiang province, on September 23. (Photo/Xinhua)
China has cleared all its COVID-19 high-risk areas, as Northeast China's Heilongjiang province downgraded its last two high-risk areas on October 11.
Starting at midnight on October 11, two towns in Bayan county (巴彦县) of Harbin were downgraded to low-risk, according to the municipal epidemic prevention and control headquarters.
The Chinese mainland on October 12 reported 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, all imported from outside the mainland, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on October 13.
Among these cases, eight were reported in Guangxi, five in Yunnan, two each in Shanghai and Guangdong, and one each in Beijing, Tianjin, Zhejiang, Fujian and Shandong, according to the commission, adding that the new case in Zhejiang was previously an asymptomatic case.
Shanghai reported one new suspected case who arrived from outside the mainland, it said.
There were no new deaths from COVID-19.
Source: China Daily, Xinhua